(GhS-II.7) (Adept’s pose)
Practised only by men.
Translation: Place one heel on the anus and other heel at the root of the genital organ. The chin should be placed on the chest; body unmoving and straight. Gaze at spot between the two eyebrows. This is called siddhasana. Its practice leads to Moksha or liberation.
- Recommended for men … balances reproductive organs and regulates testosterone ( Women’s equivalent is Yoniasana )
- Stretches the hips, knees and ankles
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Awakens the kundalini, purifies the 72,000 nadis and controls the apana vayu
- Alleviates heart diseases, diabetes, chronic urinary problems
- A simple but powerful asana…. A meditative pose that allows you to sit upright and relaxed for longer periods of time
- A spiritual practice used during meditation, pranayama, mudras and during practice of celibacy
- This will take one to liberation