(SCA 86) (SYV 50)
Translation: Place the two palms on the ground, bring the elbows together and rest the navel region of the abdomen on the elbows. Stretch the legs on the ground and remain steady.
Kapalakurantaka gives a different technique. Assuming Kukkutasana raise the thighs up to the shoulders.
- Stimulates metabolism
- Arouses Kundalini Shakti
- Massages internal abdominal organs which stimulates appetite, clears constipation and flatulence
- Improves sluggish kidneys and liver
- Balances and harmonizes the 3 doshas
- Improves endocrine system
- Develops concentration and focus
- Develops strength of wrists and arms
- Improves core strength