(GhS-II.6) (HP (ms)-II.45-46) (JP 482-483)
Translation :The right ankle should be placed near the left buttock and the left ankle to be placed near the right buttock. This is called Gomukhasana (resembling the cow’s face).
BrYs-III.19-20, SYK -52, SVY-18– all suggest to place right hand vertically over the back from above and left hand placed on the back from below and to hold the fingers of the hands together.
- Known as “Royal Pose”, it stretches the hips, thighs, ankles, chest, shoulders, anterior deltoids, triceps, inner armpits and lats
- Stretches the low back, buttocks and knees
- Relieves back ache, sciatica and rheumatism
- Opening the chest and upper body, increases lung capacity
- Helps with asthma, anxiety and stress
- Calms the mind
- Induces relaxation, relieves tension and worry
- Stimulates the kidneys
- Helps with blood pressure, diabetes and sexual dysfunction
- Overcomes fistuals and piles
- Controls apana vayu through moola bandha (the downwayd flowing energy)